Messy

Sunday, July 17, 2011

10, 8, and 5





When our girls were babies and toddlers, I was certain that as they grew I might not find them as "cute". Every time a word or phrase was misprounounced, I refused to correct them because I knew all too soon they would grow out of it. (Ella still calls an apartment a repartment and marshmallows, washmallows, as well as appointments, reppoinments.) While they have indeed passed beyond the afore mentioned stage, I am having the time of my life with them in this stage now! I have tried throughout the years to simply enjoy them, learn about what makes them tick, and appreciate the stage they are in currently. (Except for that 1st year when Madison would not sleep through the night - I do remember wanting that to pass quickly) Countless people have stopped us over the years and encouraged us to soak in this time because of how fast it tends to fly. I am beginning to feel this as the girls get older. Just five years ago Madison was starting Kindergarten and I looked at my husband and said "Won't it be crazy some day that all the girls will be at the same school together?" That five years seemed more like 5 minutes as what I once said is coming true. Ella will begin Kindergarten in just over a month. Such an interesting feeling! And our life seems to be moving quickly now as we rotate between school years and summer vacation. Okay, this is too depressing so I am moving on...

What I wanted to capture in this post are the personalities, quirks (they are Slayden's and are born with them), and unique qualities that make them the girls I love!

Madison just turned 10 and is such a sweetheart. She loves to read and devours books. She loves her friends dearly and values everyone getting along. I see such a passionate heart in her. Like her mom, she wants to be understood and struggles to wait on the Lord. We have such great talks about life, her faith, and friendships. She cracks herself up at times and gets a little intense at times. I watch how she struggles to be perfect and it breaks my heart...this I wish was not a burden she would have to bare. So I am trying to expose her to all the hard lessons I have learned but allow God to take her through moments of needing to learn things for herself. I confess this is not easy. We have a great relationship and I continue to pray for it to grow and thrive.

Favorite color currently: Shades of blue
Current Want: Puppy
Where she shines: Responsibility at home, friendships, serving her family, Bible knowledge
What gets her in trouble most often: Asking the same thing maybe phrased differently until she gets the answer she wants (aka - nagging)
Favorite thing to do: Sleepovers, Reading Warriors books, Playing Games

Cali is now 8 and has such a spunk and carefree attitude. She is a tomboy and loves anything outside - bugs, animals, reptiles, sticks, and dirt. She has changed me for the better in so many ways. I love that she keeps me calm and is so easy going. I love that we can sit and snuggle, hold hands, or go for a drive in the car without a word being spoken yet, both be so content in each other's presence. She surprises me all the time with how she changes.

Favorite color currently: Green
Current Want: Puppy
Where she shines: Easy going, independent, great friend, organized, responsible
What gets her in trouble most often: Her tone of voice sounding disrespectful, begging for a puppy daily
Favorite thing to do: Playing Games, looking for bugs, finding things to buy at Justice

Ella is now 5 and the life of the party! I love her energy and she is constantly saying the funniest things. She is just my little buddy and somehow makes it her mission to have more of my attention than everyone in the family combined. She never lacks for words or questions. I cannot even imagine what God has in store for her future. She is also very sensitive and can go from laughter to tears in a matter of seconds. I watch as she tries so hard to keep up with her sisters. She is a strong little girl and very competitive. I cannot imagine what life would look like if my husband hadn't pushed for a 3rd - ha!

Favorite color currently: It changes daily - I think today it's orange
Current Want: Puppy
Where she shines: loves to snuggle, loves deeply and tells you often, writes notes and cards for people all the time
What gets her in trouble most often: Interrupting and her energy being out of control
Favorite thing to do: Playing Games, being with her sisters, being with family

I love these girls and look forward to every moment with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment